Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Last Updated: 1st July 2020
We want to reassure our clients that we will continue to provide a high level of bespoke, individual service, communicating by email or telephone. Whilst providing our services, we are able to assist in planning any future visits to the Cotswolds and look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful corner of the world!
On a personal level, this pandemic has affected many businesses’s in the Cotswolds, especially within the travel, tourism and leisure industries. We are doing everything we can to support one another, and thank our clients for their patience and understanding whilst we take each day as it comes.
What We Are Doing
- At the start of every tour day, all tour passengers/groups will be asked if they have any Covid-19 symptoms, such as high temperature, sore throat, dry cough or feeling generally unwell. We respectfully ask that if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, that you stay at home and do not join your tour.
- Temperature checks to all passengers – including our Driver Guides – will be conducted at the start of each touring day, before entering vehicle. The readings must be 38 degrees or below. Passengers will be advised accordingly if their body temperature is above 38 degrees.
- Disposable face masks will be supplied in the vehicle. Please note: It is not a mandatory requirement to wear face masks, however our Driver Guides will do so for additional reassurance.
- All passengers are to clean their hands thoroughly with hand sanitiser at regular intervals – especially when leaving and entering the vehicle (sanitiser will be supplied in the vehicle).
- The interior of our vehicles will be cleaned regularly throughout the touring day with sanitiser wipes, e.g. hand rails, seats, hand controls etc.
- Interior and exterior door handles will be cleaned with disinfectant wipes as often as possible.
- Where possible, we will strive to maintain a 1 metre + distance. This is not possible in the vehicle.
Changes to Bookings and Cancellations
With the goal of helping as much as we possibly can, we have increased flexibility and are allowing rebooking of trip dates at any time up to 30 days before the trip with no penalty. The trip can be moved to any available dates prior to the end of 2021. We want you to feel comfortable knowing that you can push back your trip without penalty.
We are working with our suppliers, and particularly in cases where tickets and accommodation may have already been booked, to see what we can do to minimise penalties wherever possible. No amendment fees or additional deposits will be charged by CJP Tours to implement these changes. Please note however, we may need to adjust the cost of any future trip to reflect the new dates, for example where rates of suppliers may differ between seasons. If the cost of your trip works out less, this will also be adjusted accordingly.
In the event you choose to cancel a trip, our Booking Terms and Conditions continue to state that deposits are non-refundable. We put in many hours to plan these trips and appreciate your understanding on this matter.
Our Booking Terms and Conditions which can be read in full here: http://www.cotswold-tours.com/about-us/#booking-terms-and-conditions
While we are often asked to help make the decision on whether or not you should travel, where still possible, that decision is ultimately yours. We can provide you with as much information as possible, and will do our absolute best to accommodate whatever decision you choose to make.
In all instances of postponement or cancellation, please contact us as soon as possible (quoting your booking reference number if you know it) where a member of our team will aim to deal with your enquiry within 24 hours. You can email us on email@example.com or call us on +44 (0) 1386 833365.
To read more about Coronavirus visit the World Health Organisation (WHO) website:
To check the latest UK Government travel advice read information from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office:
Visit the NHS website for advice on prevention, how it’s caught and spread, self-isolation, testing and treatment and foreign travel: