Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update – 23rd March 2020
As per the government’s request for all non-essential travel and gatherings of more than 2 people in public to be stopped to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, we are regrettably not able to fulfil any tour bookings until told otherwise. The UK government will look again at these measures in three weeks time (week commencing Monday 13th April 2020), and relax them if evidence shows that it is possible. In the meantime, please see the below ‘Changes to Bookings and Cancellations’ section to review your options. We have been in contact with all clients to discuss rearranging/postponing tours on or before this time.
We want to reassure our clients that we will continue to provide the high levels of bespoke and individual service throughout this time as much as possible through email communication and telephone calls. We are still able to help you to plan your future visits to the Cotswolds and look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful corner of the world once this is all over!
On a personal level, we are extremely concerned as to how this is affecting all local and small independent businesses, especially within the travel, tourism and leisure industries. We are doing everything we can to support one another and thank our clients for their patience and understanding whilst we take each day as it comes.
CJP Tours position on Coronavirus
In response to news around Coronavirus, where we are witnessing the outbreak develop in an unprecedented way, we are monitoring all updates from government authorities closely to ensure we have the most up to date information. We are working closely with our network of Destination Management Companies (DMC’s) and agent partners, as well as individuals, to provide the best possible service to our clients during this uncertain time.
This is a rapidly changing situation and we cannot predict how our client’s travel plans will be affected next. We will continue to update this page as and when we know more information.
Changes to Bookings and Cancellations
We have adapted our Booking Terms and Conditions to be as flexible as possible for those whose travel arrangements have been affected by the Coronavirus. If you have decided that you would rather not travel, then you can choose from the following options:
1. Postpone your trip: If you have a tour booked with us on or before 30th June 2020, clients can postpone and rebook for the same or a different tour from and up to 12 months after their original tour date, depending on availability. This offer applies to all postponed trips, as well as cancellations made due to government enforced restrictions. We will work with our suppliers, and particularly in cases where tickets and accommodation may have already been booked, see what we can do to minimise penalties wherever possible. No amendment fees or additional deposits will be charged by CJP Tours to implement these changes. Please note however, we may need to adjust the cost of your trip to reflect the new dates, for example where rates of suppliers may differ between seasons. If the cost of your trip works out less, this will also be adjusted accordingly.
2. Cancel your trip: Any decision to cancel a booking with CJP Tours, where it is otherwise possible for us to still fulfil the bookings, will be dealt with in line with our Booking Terms and Conditions which can be read in full here: http://www.cotswold-tours.com/about-us/#booking-terms-and-conditions
In all instances of postponement or cancellation, please contact us as soon as possible (quoting your booking reference number if you know it) where a member of our team will aim to deal with your enquiry within 24 hours. You can email us on email@example.com or call us on +44 (0) 1386 833365.
Company Health & Hygiene
All members of the CJP Tours team are aware of the current requirements and are undertaking special levels of health and safety precautions to ensure the highest possible levels of hygiene standards are maintained throughout every aspect of business operations. This includes (but is by no means limited to);
– Cleaning all areas and surfaces of our tour vehicles before and after
– Tour guides will continue to cleanse their hands throughout the day and will not be working at all if they feel unwell or have any symptoms associated with COVID-19, in line with current government guidelines
– Single-use water bottles will be provided for each client to drink from throughout their tour
– As an extra precaution, our driver guides will not be making unnecessary contact with clients throughout the duration of the booking (i.e. greeting with physical contact such as handshakes)
To read more about Coronavirus visit the World Health Organisation (WHO) website:
To check the latest UK Government travel advice read information from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office:
Visit the NHS website for advice on prevention, how it’s caught and spread, self-isolation, testing and treatment and foreign travel: